Monday, October 3, 2011

I Just Did Not Get It


I don’t understand what happened, I guess, I just did not get it. After graduating from high school I had a hard time finding a good job. The jobs I worked at were dead end jobs that paid little and supplied lots of grief. The boss normally was impatient and demanded more than he really deserved for the money he paid me. There was no pleasing the boss no matter what you did. He was not going to fire me because he would have to hire another person just like me. So I went from dead end job to dead end job with the same type of boss. I eventually joined the United States Air Force, but that is another story.
I did not want to go to college, I already had enough schooling to last me a long time. Unbeknown to me there were opportunities all around me; Vocational schools I could have attended to teach me a trade, Gas companies, Electrical companies, and Factories, to name a few. If I would have joined a local church or some of the other organizations in our community their members would have helped me sort things out. When my friends were given help by their families to gain employment, I was told not to even think about it. If we all had a job at the same place I would mess it up somehow for all of us. Out of desperation I joined the military.
I guess what I am trying to say is help your children sort things out and get on the right track. Get involved in your community for your children’s sake; there are people that can help them. Find out what opportunities are available in your surrounding area to help your children. Forget about yourself for a while and support not only your children but neighborhood children as well. You know who needs help.
Don’t make excuses about the economy or the government. We do not live in a perfect world; the problems we face today are not much different than what our parents or grandparents faced years ago. We are the only ones that are going to make life better for our families, community, and world. Until next time.
Norm

No comments: