Monday, February 1, 2010

Kids

Kids just are not as smart as they used to be. I heard this while still in the Military back in 1992. Of course, I worked with young adults between the ages of eighteen and twenty two years of age. In fact, I trained them on Communications systems.
You know how kids are; they listen to that music that makes them nuts, stay up to all hours of the night, drink too much, talk back, and not responsible at all. They are all going to Hades in a hand basket.
It never proved to be true. The young adults I worked with were responsible, smart, and ambitious. They were always to work on time and ready to learn when they got to work. We trained on complicated communications systems, lifted six hundred pound walls and spent weeks out in the sticks with sub-standard shelter and food. I never heard any complaints and they never let me down.
A friend says kids just do not get it, they are lazy, do not want to work, dress funny and their hair is weird. Not like us at their age, we had it together. Sure we did!
Until next time

Norm

No comments: