Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lets Eat

Some of the best food I have ever eaten is simple dishes. I cannot tell you that I have eaten the best foods the world has to offer. I have never eaten Escargot or any other fancy food like Alligator, or Crocodile. You get the picture.
I can tell you I have whipped up some macaroni and milk. Throw in a little butter, salt and pepper and you have a meal fit for a King. Sometimes we fix beef stew with noodles or rice as a side dish.
My mother used to fry bread dough and butter it. Oh what a treat, us children thought it was a holiday or something. Sometimes I make my own soup. I get in the cupboard and throw everything I can find in the pan. My wife calls it something she will never taste. She also tells me to keep it away from her.
Some of the best meals we have eaten consisted of left over meat and boiled potatoes. It does not really matter what the meat is any kind will work. Fry it all up, salt and pepper it, throw on the Ketchup or Catsup what ever you prefer. Set down and feast.
Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner. I know people do this. I know my family members young and old have done it their whole lives. I bet you know someone that does it too.
We have some left over hotdogs in the refrigerator. I am thinking about hotdogs, Chili, and eggs for dinner tonight.
Until next time.

Norm

No comments: