Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let,s Be Nice

Have you ever been to the store and when you get ready to checkout all the checkout lines are full? This happens to me every once in a while. Sometimes I have a shopping cart full of groceries and other times I just have a couple of items. More than once I have had people in line tell me to go ahead and checkout before them. Their cart was full of groceries and I had a couple of items. My wife and I went shopping yesterday and when we got ready to check out our cart was full. I spied a man with three items in his hand and asked him if he was ready to check out. The gentleman said yes and I told him to go ahead of me in line. He appreciated this gesture of good will and thanked me. Just as he finished checking out an elderly lady approached my wife and asked her if she could check out ahead of us. My wife said most certainly. The lady had two items in her hand and as she passed my wife she leaned forward and give my wife a hug and a kiss on the cheek. It made me and my wife feel good and brightened our day to extend a little kindness to someone else. In fact I would say our whole day was better. So for our own well being and someone Else's, let's be nice. Till next time . Norm.

1 comment:

a0hero85 said...

When old Sam was alive it would not have been a problem