Monday, November 3, 2008

Years Past

Now that I am older I set and ponder on years past. I think about the different seasons of my life and the lack of knowledge I had at that time. If I had to take a guess, I suppose I was six years old walking on the beach of Lake Michigan. My older brother was with me. As we walked along the beach playing and exploring we met up with a lady. The lady was in her middle fifties.This Lady had on a beautiful red sun dress. The dresses sleeves were just straps that went over her shoulders. The straps were hooked to a blouse which in turn was sewed to a pleaded skirt. She wore a big straw hat with a brim to keep the sun out of her eyes and off her face. All of her fingernails and toenails were painted to match her sundress.
There she set is a lounge chair right at the edge of the beach. She had a book in her hand and a fishing line in the water. What caught my brothers and my attention was where her bait was laying. Her bait lay in an inch of water by her right foot.
I can not recall if we greeted the lady or if she greeted us as we walked by. But I do remember my brother and I laughing. We knew that stupid women was not going to catch any fish with her hook in an inch of water. Til next time. Norm

No comments: